After a recent move, I'm finally becoming productive again. What I hope to have completed soon are two activity books to accompany the Sonrise Stable series.
The cover shown is tentative. I may revise that further. My initial thought was one book for the entire series, but there is too much content, so there will be two volumes. The first will cover books 1 through 5 and the second will cover 6 through 10.
The books will be spiral bound and readers will write and draw right in the books.
What will they contain?
- Original color horse stickers that may be placed in the book or elsewhere.
- Illustrated Scripture - the theme of each book is based on a Bible verse. Readers are encouraged to memorize the verses in their favorite translation. An illustrated version of that verse is included to help with memorization.
- Equine drawing lessons for each book, again with space to draw right along with illustrator Janet Griffin-Scott.
- All new art lessons for books 7 & 8. Lesson 7 covers the gaits - walk, trot, and canter. In Lesson 8, readers practice drawing a donkey.
- Additional horse information and activities such as the parts of the bridle, saddle, horse, etc.
- Questions from the back of the book with room to answer them.
- Book summary pages - readers will rate each book using a scale of 1 to 10 horseshoes and answer questions about that book such as their favorite part, character, animal, etc.
It will be fun for young readers to keep the activity guides and review them when they are older!
Sign up for the email list if you'd like to be informed when the activity guides are ready.